Name: James (Jamie) Gregory Richards, Jr.
Address: 441 NE 5th, Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Mobile: (972) 977-3573
I have over 28 years experience in the Information Technology covering everything on hardware and software technologies. I have over 12 years of management and/or administrative duties. I’m punctual, a strong leader, and have integrity in and out of the office. I really enjoy working with people, specifically leading a team of co-workers or consultants to meet certain goals. I’m always attentive and I’m a good-listener and I continually sprinkle a little humor in my walk to keep things fresh. I also really enjoy designing websites in WordPress.
- 06/2016 – Current | Southwest Construction Services | Dallas, TX | Systems Administrator
Maintain the company’s IT assets. PCs, servers, printers, and other technologies. I also handle all the communication needs of the company: phones, tablets and cellphones. I support a network of about 90 PCs and 8 servers.
- 06/2013 – 12/2015 | Dot It Restaurant Fulfillment | Arlington, TX | IT Director
Maintained all the company’s technology. Everything from PC/Mac desktops and laptops, servers, security systems and website development. I brought my experience of WordPress to the table, which was already very skilled, and have learned a lot about Magento as an e-commerce platform as well. I left there because the company is going in a different direction.
- 4/2013 – Current | WordPressWeavers.com | Dallas, TX | Owner, Senior Developer & Designer
Develop, design and host commercial and private websites. I primarily develop websites using WordPress, the world’s most popular blogging software. I also offer turnkey graphics design products to help businesses and charities make a brand for them. This is just a side business that has been helpful for me as an income stream.
- 10/2012 – 6/2013 | Randstad USA | Frisco, TX | Technical Support Analyst
Support both server and client computer environments for over 6500 users that work for Honeywell. I might get a call from one user needing me to fix his internet, and then get another call right after and the user wants me to re-index the database “example” without bringing down the server. My job is to troubleshoot what I can and route the rest. This job is technical, people oriented and challenging which are three of my favorite things.
- 10/2010 – 07/2012 | JR Consulting | Grand Prairie, TX | Owner & Senior Consultant
Managed the entire network and all of our customer’s assets, (i.e. Web servers); Managed a staff of 4 during projects; Designed and managed one of the largest online clothing stores and the 9,000 users it brought with it. Continue to give top-notch graphics designs to our customers both local and the Internet
- 09/2009 – 9/2010 | Fast Track Services | Arlington, TX | Information Technology Director
Oversaw all the needs of network operations, handled all technical services; Oversaw all hardware/software and programming needs; Maintain a WAN consisting of 3 network LANs totaling 45 users, Laptops/Desktops, Windows Server and Mac OS X Server, all database development & administration, website conception, design and implementation.
- 08/2007 – 08/2008 | Holden Graphic Services | Arlington, TX | Information Technology Director
Managed all departments technology needs from Pre-Press to Finishing; wrote & deployed several databases to handle processes and daily tasks; Designed & managed Page DNA, web-to-plate online software, for over 2 dozen of our Direct Sales clients; Configure and upkeep of ALL computers including workstations, laptops and servers
- 12/2000 – 11/2007 | NuComp Computer Consultants | Plainview, TX | Title: Owner
Consulted midrange-to-large sized businesses where I managed & maintained their networks and data, hosted their websites as well as performed web design services; Produced over 70% of the gross sales throughout the history of the business guiding the company to dynamic growth grossing over $3,000,000/year in sales/service revenue; designed & hosted Internet/Intranet websites and was the webmaster of TexasOnline.net – a Hearst Corporation website.
- OS: Windows 2010/2012/2016 Server, Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2000 & 98 Workstation
- Business Apps: Office Professional 2005-2012/365 (Excel, Access, Word & Power Point)
- Accounting Apps: Peachtree Accounting, Proven Edge, Quick Books Pro, Microsoft Money Professional
- Web design & Graphics software: WordPress, Magento & Adobe CS Suite (Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver)
- LAN/WAN/VPN configuration and troubleshooting (including wiring), Advanced managed hubs, security solutions and systems integration
- Service, and repair & troubleshooting experience in personal computers/servers
- Typing 85-90 WPM
- Program in 3 different languages: HTML, CSS and a touch of Java
I served as an associate pastor and worship leader for the Vineyard Christian Fellowship church for 4 years and I also served two years on the Teen Suicide Prevention Task Force (TSPTF) where my job title was Technical Support Administrator. Through TSPTF I eventually ended up working with the Ray Allen, director and founder of TSPTF where I was involved in supporting technologies in two of his charitable entities: the American Coalition for Life and People Helping People.
You can download a PDF version of my resume by clicking here.